Secrets, Sex, and Spectacle: The Rules of Scandal in Japan and the United States
In the cases of Clinton and Uno, the rules help explain why the media did not cover Uno's affair, why Uno's wife apologized on her husband's behalf, and why Uno—but not Clinton—resigned. Forgot your password? Don't have an account?
Secrets, Sex and Spectacle : The Rules of Scandal in Japan and the United States
OSO version 0. University Press Scholarship Online. Sign in. Not registered? Sign up. Publications Pages Publications Pages. Advanced Search. Search my Subject Specializations: Select Jeff Wynkoop. Professor Peter Devonshire. Marc Roche.
Reinier Kraakman. Gian Marco Solas. John Jackson. Arun K. Vincent Depaigne. Andrew Dyson. Danny Busch. Christine Hayes. Christian Tomuschat. Cheryl Saunders. Clement Fatovic. Curtis A.
Karin Loevy. Robert Alexy. Uwe Kischel. Eric Heinze.
Benjamin Alarie. O' Connell. Mark Brabazon. Mathias Siems.
Secrets, Sex, and Spectacle: The Rules of Scandal in Japan and the United States, West
Chuanhui Wang. Bestselling Series.
Harry Potter. Popular Features. New Releases. Free delivery worldwide. Description A leader of a global superpower is betrayed by his mistress, who makes public the sordid details of their secret affair. His wife stands by as he denies the charges.
- Secrets, Sex and Spectacle The Rules of Scandal in Japan and the United States.
- El secreto de la vida: Ensayos (Spanish Edition).
- Secrets, Sex and Spectacle : The Rules of Scandal in Japan and the United States.
- Recently Viewed.
- Pricing, Risk, and Performance Measurement in Practice: The Building Block Approach to Modeling Instruments and Portfolios (The Elsevier and Mondo Visione World Capital Markets).
- Secrets, sex, and spectacle : the rules of scandal in Japan and the United States - Bates College?
Debates over definitions of moral leadership ensue. Sound familiar? If you guessed Clinton and Lewinsky, try again. This incident involved former Japanese prime minister Sosuke Uno and a geisha. In Japan and the United States, legal and organizational rules tell us what kind of behavior is considered scandalous. Product details Format Hardback pages Dimensions x x People who viewed this also viewed. Lovesick Japan Mark D.
Sign In or Create an Account.
Secrets, Sex, and Spectacle: The Rule of Scandal in Japan and the United States. By Mark D. West
Sign In. Advanced Search. Article Navigation. Close mobile search navigation Article Navigation. Volume Cite Citation. Permissions Icon Permissions.
- The Journal of Japanese Studies.
- Campaign Finance Irregularities, Sex Scandals, and the Election.
- Books Received | The American Journal of Comparative Law | Oxford Academic.
- How to Master the USMLE Step 1;
- The Neighbor - Book 1 (An Erotic Romance Series);
- Christmas Cards?
Article PDF first page preview. Issue Section:.